These are great with a slice of cheese and a spoonful of coleslaw on your sandwich.
- 3 lbs. venison roast
- 1 (18 oz.) bottle of barbeque sauce (Stubbs is good, as it contains no HFCS)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cups organic beef broth
- 1 dozen sandwich buns
- Sliced cheese (optional)
- Coleslaw (optional)
- Add the venison and chopped onion to a slow cooker.
- Pour in the beef broth. Add water until the meat is covered.
- Cook on low heat for 7-8 hours.
- Drain the liquid from the cooker and shred the meat using two forks.
- Stir in the barbeque sauce (more or less based on your preference).
- Scoop onto a sandwich bun and enjoy!
Makes approximately 10-12 sandwiches.